Sunday, November 29, 2009

Full of it

Thanks, I mean :). We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. All the best family traditions were present: someone raided the rolls before dinner, squealing baby noises [they took turns], bloody mashed potatoes [cranberry sauce is awesome!], guys played Risk, way too much food, several delicious pies, oh, and we got to terrorize a possible family member [my sister's date].

We like to play games when we aren't eating. Some favorites are Ticket to Ride, Bohnanza, Shadows Over Camelot [except when we have to cheat to win and the game gets really REALLY long], and Snorta. My brother brought a new game- Curses- and it was a huge hit with the kids :) I have one thing to say: Ye're always after me lucky charms! hee hee

I'm so grateful for my family!

Gratitude List:
* Pies. I was going to list them individually, but restrained myself.
* Dad and Mom- they are both wonderful people and I'm glad to be descended from them.
* Brothers and Sisters. :) Especially younger ones who aren't married and can be tricked into bringing dates to dinner LOL.
* Frisbee games
* Soccer games
* Board games
* Football games
* Other people's cooking [thank you mom!]
* knitting projects
* Audio books that make an hour-long drive a peaceful and calm experience.
* Babies to hold, and return to their own parents when they begin to cry. :)
* Peppermint Ice Cream and Brownies with Homemade Chocolate Sauce for Monkey's birthday party [and a niece with a monkey who NEEDS to have a birthday party].
* That I have so very much to be grateful for.

4 comments:

Emily Norby said...

Oh, I really, REALLY wish I could have been there!

Kristina said...

Sounds wonderful!

Amber and Co. said...

It was a great Thanksgiving! I'm so glad we got to see you and your family so much! Love you!

Cheri said...

It sounds like a wonderful day! Now I'm off to check out that Curses game...